Plastering is more than a trade. It is an artform. We constantly hear from our clients that they had no idea of the options available to them in relations to the plaster finishes in their new homes. Below are listed some of the choices that can be made to customise the plastering in your home or project to suit your needs and requirements…
1) Feature Walls – These can be used internally and externally on your home. See our Plaster Finishes section in this website and see if you believe a feature wall can enhance the asthetics of your home.
2) Corner Beads – We only use Rondo beads which are reknowned throughout the industry as the best on the market. Below are some of the profiles we have available:
a) RO1 – this corner bead has a 4.5mm radious. Provides a rounder more delicate edge.
b) RO2 – this corner bead has a 2.5mm radius. Perfect for those owners who prefer sharp and straight lines.
c) R11 – Perfect for walls that are not 90 degrees
Beads protect corners and minimise the amount of chips and scratches which unfortunately occur on your corners in day to day living.
3) Beading on Windows & Sliding Doors – We can price you to have beads placed on each sill, head & reveal of your windows and sliding doors. This is perfect for the astute builder who prefers clean and sharp lines around windows.
4) Architectural Mouldings – We can add architectural mouldings or details to enhance the external of any home.
5) V Joints or Dado Moulds – When plastering/painting a multi level home, there are always that cannot be completed or dropped at once, which leaves three options to ensure a visibly acceptable finish. These are
a) V Joints – A V shaped line cut at the join which acts as the meeting point of the render and paint.
b) Dado Corbel – a Corbel (of various sizes and profiles) can be added to cover the join and act as a feature to the external of your home. Below are some of the mouldings which are recommended for this purpose:
c) Drop the walls in one hit – It is sometimes possible to complete the walls from top to bottom in one session. To check this option, please contact our office and discuss the feasibity of this option which is directly dependant of the size and nature of the walls, and the cost of altering the scaffolding which may be present.
6) Acrashield – Traditional texture coating is a finish which incorporates strength and flexibility ensuring long term system integrity. However, Dulux have created a product named Acrashield which gives the coating maximum protection from the elements, especially in a city or or Oceanside environment.
Acrashield delivers ultimate protection against atmospheric staining, water ingress, efflorescence, mould and fungi, pollution, dirt & dust plus carbon dioxide ingress. It can even withstand cyclone conditions.
Some of the other advantages of Acrashielding your texture coating is that it provides you with a greater range of colours and it also resists fading, to keep the texture coating the colour you have chosen.